It’s the time of year when most of us are thinking about resolutions and fresh starts. De-cluttering your home can be a great way to jump start your new year. And if you have an issue in your home that is more than clutter, Clean Earth Restorations is a hoarding services expert. We know how to help homeowners get their properties back into shape after hoarding with compassion and the expert services that will restore your home to its best shape!
We found these tips from the Becoming Minimalist Blog excellent recommendations to help you get an handle on the clutter (http://www.becomingminimalist.com/creative-ways-to-declutter/)
- Take five minutes a day: Just do ONE thing around you to pick up
- Give away one item per day: this can transform your space if you decide to toss or give away one thing a day.
- Fill one trash bag: grab a bag and fill it. It might be trash or it might be a great donation to a local thrift shop.
- Try the hanger experiment: once you wear an item, turn the hanger around. After a few months you will really have a good idea what you actually wear and what you can donate.
- Lists: create a list of where in your home you want to clean up. Then do one item on the list and stop. Slow and steady.
- the 12-12-12 challenge: find 12 things to give away, 12 to toss and 12 to return to their proper place.
After you’ve done some cleaning, consider having your carpets cleaned by Clean Earth. We offer great service and coupons for first time customers: