Have you been the recent victim of a fire in your home or business? Clean Earth Restorations is available 24/7 to help you recover from the devastation caused by fire damage. San Diego, CA is our home and we are proud to provide our experience and technical knowledge to our community when fire or smoke damages your property. Our in-house certified technicians are experts in assessing and repairing smoke and fire damage in San Diego as well as representing property owners with insurance companies. Contact us 24 hours a day by phone or email.
What if a minute or two, even a matter of seconds, made an impact on whether an emergency became a disaster or not? Having a list of important service telephone numbers on hand could make that difference. At Clean Earth Restorations we respond to San Diego water damage and flood emergencies 24/7. Here is a list of other service providers that may help you.
ACCIDENTAL HOME FIRES OFTEN START WHILE COOKING IN THE KITCHEN
Christmas it’s the most beautiful time of the year, but every year, a Christmas tree fire will ruin someone’s holiday (or life). We hope this never happens to you. In the last years, we have seen and remediated a lot of San Diego fire damage and want to urge you to avoid this holiday catastrophe by following 3 very simple rules.
Tips To Avoid A Fire On Christmas
- Water your tree EVERY DAY. Christmas trees can absorb up to a gallon of water a day, and quickly become dry and brittle if not watered. A dry tree is dangerous because it can catch on fire easily. Watch the video below to see how quickly a dry tree can catch fire.
- Keep your tree at least 3 feet (0.91 m) away from heat sources (like space heaters). One in four Christmas tree fires are caused by being too close to a heat source.
- Do not overload your tree electrically — 1/3 of Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems. Be sure and read the manufacturer’s instructions on how many light strands you can connect.
Another fact to keep in mind is that the top 3 days for home candle fires are Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Follow these simple candles rules to keep your home and family safe:
- When possible, use flameless (battery-operated) candles.
- If not possible, then be sure to keep candles at least 12 inches (0.3 m) from other objects.
- Always blow out burning candles, or turn off Christmas tree lights, before leaving or going to bed.
For more information on fire safety, visit National Fire Protection Association’s “Christmas Safety Tips”.
Clean Earth Restorations Can Help You
We specialize in fire damage restoration and cleaning. If your house or business has been heavily damaged by fire, we can help you move forward with a better life. We are experts at creating a safe, clean, and healthy living environment for our customers, so give us a call today!
Clean Earth Restorations
Providing Peace of Mind and Exceptional Service
If You Don’t Clean the Lint In and Around Your Clothes Dryer, You Risk a Fire
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are caused every year by clothes dryers. Clean Earth Restorations offers their customers/residents in San Diego fire damage tips that may save a home (and lives).
- A build up of lint in a clothes dryer (in the filter, around the machine, or in the vent hose) traps heat and causes the machine to overheat.
- The lint itself is flammable and becomes fuel for fire when the machine overheats to the point of causing a fire.
- It takes only a few minutes for the fire to engulf a laundry room, which typically stores other flammable items such as more laundry.
- NEVER leave your dryer on while you are asleep or not at home!
- Clean your lint filter EACH time you dry a load of laundry.
- If you see any lint in the filter holder, clean that out as well.
- Check BEHIND and around the machine for lint.
- Replace (flammable) flexible plastic vent hoses with metal vents where possible.
- Do not stock or store items on top of the dryer. They may enhance the speed and intensity of a fire.
Have a look at the Today Show video below which talks about all these points and interviews a family that lost EVERYTHING when their dryer caught on fire while they were not home.
San Diego is facing a big heat wave this week, the first of the fire season. We are sure no one wants to look out their window and see something like the image below, so we are posting and re-posting links to some good advice about anti-fire maintenance and preparation on your property, both inside and out. We hope they will increase your chances of NOT needing fire and smoke remediation (and of saving money and memories!)
Where should you look for information during or after fires in San Diego? Clean Earth Restorations has 3 good resources for you.
Comic-Con starts today (July 21-24), and even if you’re not one of the 130,000 lucky badge holders, you can follow along digitally with THE convention to follow in North America, if not the world! Clean Earth Restorations, a remediation company for fire damage in San Diego, CA, gives you 3 sites to bookmark and follow this awesome San Diego event.
Fire season in Southern California is predicted to be one of the worst in recent years. In the event of a wildfire emergency, we should be prepared to live through outages of gas and electricity, running water, and telephone service. Disaster-preparedness experts say we should all have an emergency kit with at least 3 days of supplies. What should we put in an emergency kit? Clean Earth Restorations (a San Diego County smoke and fire remediation company) fills you in.