Have you been the recent victim of a fire in your home or business? Clean Earth Restorations is available 24/7 to help you recover from the devastation caused by fire damage. San Diego, CA is our home and we are proud to provide our experience and technical knowledge to our community when fire or smoke damages your property. Our in-house certified technicians are experts in assessing and repairing smoke and fire damage in San Diego as well as representing property owners with insurance companies. Contact us 24 hours a day by phone or email.
What if a minute or two, even a matter of seconds, made an impact on whether an emergency became a disaster or not? Having a list of important service telephone numbers on hand could make that difference. At Clean Earth Restorations we respond to San Diego water damage and flood emergencies 24/7. Here is a list of other service providers that may help you.
ACCIDENTAL HOME FIRES OFTEN START WHILE COOKING IN THE KITCHEN
If You Don’t Clean the Lint In and Around Your Clothes Dryer, You Risk a Fire
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are caused every year by clothes dryers. Clean Earth Restorations offers their customers/residents in San Diego fire damage tips that may save a home (and lives).
- A build up of lint in a clothes dryer (in the filter, around the machine, or in the vent hose) traps heat and causes the machine to overheat.
- The lint itself is flammable and becomes fuel for fire when the machine overheats to the point of causing a fire.
- It takes only a few minutes for the fire to engulf a laundry room, which typically stores other flammable items such as more laundry.
- NEVER leave your dryer on while you are asleep or not at home!
- Clean your lint filter EACH time you dry a load of laundry.
- If you see any lint in the filter holder, clean that out as well.
- Check BEHIND and around the machine for lint.
- Replace (flammable) flexible plastic vent hoses with metal vents where possible.
- Do not stock or store items on top of the dryer. They may enhance the speed and intensity of a fire.
Have a look at the Today Show video below which talks about all these points and interviews a family that lost EVERYTHING when their dryer caught on fire while they were not home.
Fire season in Southern California is predicted to be one of the worst in recent years. In the event of a wildfire emergency, we should be prepared to live through outages of gas and electricity, running water, and telephone service. Disaster-preparedness experts say we should all have an emergency kit with at least 3 days of supplies. What should we put in an emergency kit? Clean Earth Restorations (a San Diego County smoke and fire remediation company) fills you in.
One of the most gratifying parts of running a business is getting to know your community, and also learning about the offshoot issues of your core business. At Clean Earth Restorations we remediate fire and smoke damage in San Diego County, and in doing so we naturally pick up useful information that we like to share.
San Diego is facing a big heat wave this week, the first of the fire season. We are sure no one wants to look out their window and see something like the image below, so we are posting and re-posting links to some good advice about anti-fire maintenance and preparation on your property, both inside and out. We hope they will increase your chances of NOT needing fire and smoke remediation (and of saving money and memories!)
Where should you look for information during or after fires in San Diego? Clean Earth Restorations has 3 good resources for you.