Your home or business has flooded and now you have to deal with the aftermath. The water may have stopped flowing, but now you have damage to worry about — from odor, ruined carpets and walls to mold.
What can I save and what do I need to throw away? How do I handle water that might have damaged art work or important memorbilia? How do I know if I have a problem with mold or mildew? Is it covered by my insurance? There are so many questions, and you need honest and correct answers.
A company who specializes in water damage will know how to asses your situation and recommend your next steps.
We recommend the following with water damage:
- Extract the water
- Move and block up furniture
- Using drying equipment to get the water out (this can take 3-4 days)
- Use thermal imaging cameras to make sure the water hasn’t damaged walls and floors
- Complete any repairs, if necessary
- Reinstall carpet and pad and clean carpet
- Reset furniture
- Complete a final inspection and sign off
There are important things to know when dealing with water damage. Get our free tips of Things You Must Know About Water Damage by clicking below.