Whether selling or buying property, assuring that realty is mold-free is important. At Clean Earth Restorations we understand the issue and have been providing excellent service, including mold detection and remediation services, to the San Diego market for nearly 20 years.
The mention of “mold” can scare away even the most enthusiastic buyers. Make sure a potentially great buyer-seller agreement doesn’t unravel just because of “a little fungi”. Real estate agents representing sellers who require a rapid transaction may want to nip that possibility in the bud by arranging for a mold inspection (and any necessary remediation) BEFORE a property hits the market. Buyers will be reassured and can turn their attention to other exciting points of sale.
As a home buyer, pay attention to the home inspection small print. Most home inspections do NOT include mold detection. Often they suggest consulting a certified mold inspector. Since mold can often go unseen and undetected in attics, basements, and in walls, it is wise to request a mold inspection before buying property. If mold is detected and there are repairs to do, the cost can be negotiated with the seller before final sale.
At Clean Earth Restorations we provide full-service detection, remediation and repair, including:
- Identify moisture sources and evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected)
- Utilize state of the art thermal imaging / infra red and boroscopes for inspection
- Contain damage to the smallest area possible and conduct mold cleanup
- Physically remove contamination
- Dry material to ensure that mold will not return
- Perform or recommend procedures for returning property to pre-loss condition
- Regular reports, including photos for insurance documentation