You’ve found mold or moisture and you are worried. The EPA says that any evidence of moisture or mold is a problem you should not ignore. Cleaning up mold can be tricky. Here are some tips from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) about how to clean up mold:
- Fix any plumbing leaks or the source of moisture that started the problem
- Dry all surfaces completely
- Scrub mold off of all hard surfaces with water and detergent and dry completely
- Absorbant and pourous materials like ceiling tiles and carpets may need to be removed and thrown away
- Do not paint or caulk over mold
- If you are unsure of what to do, or the area affected is more than 10 square feet, consult a professional. The EPA recommends you check references and hire a company that is affiliated with professional associations that govern their adherance to safety standards.
If you are worried about mold, get our Tips for Handling Mold: 10 Things You Should Know by clicking the button below: