Just like a car, the carpets in your home need routine maintenance. If left neglected, carpets can become dirty, can dull in color, and damaged. Carpet fibers are also places that easily harbor dust, debris, and all types of allergens. However, by sticking to a routine schedule of simple cleaning, it is easy to reduce the wear done on your carpets. Here at Clean Earth Restorations, we’re here to give you tips and tricks on how to keep your carpet in tip-top shape throughout the entire year.
- Keep entrance ways and walkways clean and swept to avoid unnecessary dirt from tracking in
- Use a doormat to remove excess dirt from your shoes
- Vacuum multiple times a week. While vacuuming every day may not be feasible for most, vacuuming a few times a week at least can help remove dirt and outside debris from carpets, preventing them from digging deeper into the fibers
- Keep shoes near the door. This is a way to localize dirt from outside the home. If you aren’t a fan of walking barefoot in your home, try using a different pair of shoes/slippers when you are in the house
- Change your vacuum filter/bag on a regular basis. Do not leave it full, as it can spread dust and allergens captured from carpets
- Use tools that come with your vacuum to get hard-to-reach areas, like corners and near baseboards
- Clean all spills immediately. If water does not work then use a simple, gentile detergent. Make sure to blot the stain (rubbing it can push it deeper into the carpet fibers)
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least twice a year. If possible have carpets in high traffic areas professionally cleaned once each quarter
Even if you are getting your carpets professionally cleaned twice a year, if they begin to smell musty, feel matted, or look as if they are loosing their color, call your local carpet cleaning and restoration expert to schedule a cleaning. Clean carpets make your home smell great, and they improve the air quality within your home, making it a pleasant place to live and be. If you have any questions regarding carpet cleaning, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 619-284-4239, or contact us at cleanearthrestorations.com.