Insurance Claims and Restoration
If you’ve had a catastrophic event in your home or business you will likely have questions about your insurance coverage. Every policy is different, and we cannot guarantee your coverage details, but there are some important things to keep in mind when navigating the restoration of your property and an insurance claim.
At Clean Earth Restorations we intervene in all phases of responding to a flood on behalf of our customers in residential, commercial and industrial locales. We respond to emergencies 24/7, provide water removal, drying, and remediation services, and provide expertise working with agents and adjusters for your insurance claim. We are a family-owned business and take pride in providing the highest quality service to our fellow San Diegans.
Keep in mind:
- Not all floods are covered by all policies. You will need to read and understand the details of your policy.
- It is important to document (for yourself as well as an insurance claim) the conditions of the flood.
- Leaks and/or flooding claims can affect your insurance company’s contractual offer to you, whether it be raising your rates, increasing your deductible in the future, or possibly even dropping your policy. Understanding the big picture of the situation is important to protecting your best interests.
- You have the right to select which company makes the repairs to your home or business. Your insurance company may try to direct you, but the choice is yours!
Some things to look for when hiring a restoration contractor include:
- Ask them how long they have been in the business
- Find out if the company has specific experience working with insurance claims
- Ask to speak to one of their satisfied customers
- Always get a repair estimate and a contract before you start work
Know your rights and make sure your damage is taken care of professionally, carefully and in line with your insurance coverage. Contact us today with any questions or for a free estimate.