Did you miss the boat? Are you dying to go to Comic-Con 2015 but couldn’t get tickets? Well don’t despair, there are still a few possible options to score entry badges or, at the very least, enjoy some of the FREE activities going on right in the heart of the party. Clean Earth Restorations, on a detour from our regular posts about water damage, mold remediation and carpet cleaning in San Diego, has put together a list of “last chance” tips for the Comic-Con-desperate! Read below for all the details. And may the force be with you!
Who is still giving away tickets to Comic-Con?
There are still some Comic-Con badges out there to be had. (Don’t buy them off Craigslist; Comic-Con policy states that badges are non-transferable.) Here are the places we found that may still be distributing badges to listeners, fans, and customers:
- KPRI radio is giving way Comic Con badges until 7:10am July 10th. There are several ways to win them — check out their website at this link for more information. And hurry!
- Some websites suggest that local comic shops may have access to complimentary badges that they raffle off to customers. Though it’s late in the game, it may be worth checking into your local comic store.
- Keep your eyes riveted on the Comic-Con Twitter feed, where it has been noted in previous years that the Comic-Con powers that be sometimes announce the re-sales of returned or unused badges.
Free stuff to do EVEN WITHOUT A COMIC-CON BADGE
Though chances are slim of stumbling across a Comic-Con badge at this late hour, you can still enjoy a lot of the peripheral activities that make Comic-Con such an awesome community event. Just walking around downtown can be a fun eyeful. Here are some links with details of the events and places you can visit even without a Comic-Con badge:
- The Times of San Diego just published this detailed Guide to Free Events Outside Comic-Con.
- Check out the SDCC Unofficial Blog for information about offsite events (and there are many!)
Where to get general information about Comic-Con?
These links will help you with all your Comic-Con questions:
- San Diego Comic-Con FAQs
- Your Complete Guide to Comic-Con 2015
- Info on local transportation options from San Diego Metropolitan Transit System
Good luck and keep us posted if our tips were helpful to you and you got tickets!