WHO TO CALL IN A HOLIDAY EMERGENCY – INCLUDING FLOOD RESTORATION IN SAN DIEGO:
Has it happened to you? A broken tooth on Christmas Eve? A sick dog right before you leave for the airport? A backed up toilet just before the guests arrive? We hope that you don’t meet up with any of these emergecies during the holidays but have compiled this helpful list of possible emergency resources and useful numbers to call in case you do. (Clean Earth Restorations provides these as a favor to blog readers but can take no responsibility for readers’ use of this information.)
Report an emergency (fire, crime, health, accident): call 911
- Dental: the recommended treatment source for after-hours dental emergencies in San Diego is the hospital emergency room. Check with your insurance company to know which hospital you should go to. Many insurance companies also have 24-hour consultation hotlines with medical staff that can help you navigate your problem before getting to the emergency room.
- Veterinary: VCA Emergency Animal Hospital & Referral Center, 619-299-2400, 2317 Hotel Circle South San Diego, CA 92108 http://www.vcaemergency.com
- Poison control: 800-222-1222 http://www.calpoison.org
- Animal poison control: ASPCA, 888-426-4435 https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control
- Traffic info: San Diego real time traffic, http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist11/d11tmc/sdmap/showmap.php
- Gas or electricty problems: SDGE, to report an electric outage or if you smell natural gas at 800-411-7343, SDGE outages map: http://www.sdge.com/safety/outages/outage-map
- Airport: San Diego Airport information http://www.san.org
- Freeway breakdowns: this service is not available on holidays but if you are travelling around the holidays you may find it useful. SANDAG offers drivers on San Diego area freeways, at peak hours (including weekends) free services: a gallon of gas, a jumpstart, a flat tire change, and water for the radiator. If they cannot get your car started they will tow your car for free. The number to call is 511. For more information about service times and areas, see http://511sd.com/FSP.aspx
- Pharmacy: there are probably more 24 hour pharmacies available in San Diego County but CVS and Walgreens provide these search results and may be helpful to you: San Diego CVS open 24 hours, San Diego Walgreens open 24 hours. Call before you go to make sure they accept your type of health insurance.
- Groceries: did you forget that one ingredient you can’t live without? While there are many grocery stores that stay open late, there are fewer and fewer that are open 24 hours. Ralph’s in downtown San Diego is one of them. 619-595-1581, 101 G St San Diego, CA 92101, https://www.ralphs.com/storeHours?store=70300123
- Home flood, business flood, residential or business sewage spills – see below
If you think this might be useful for your family and friends, feel free to tweet or share it!
WHO TO CALL IN CASE OF A FLOOD OR SEWAGE OVERFLOW:
Clean Earth Restorations is ready 24/7 to help you with your flood or sewage emergencies. Call us at 888-471-6653.
Contact us today for a free estimate on flood or sewage clean up and remediation, or restoration after a flood or sewage spill.