What is hoarding and what are the dangers?
Accumulating belongings or even animals to a compulsive degree, referred to officially as hoarding, can pose many unexpected risks to the individual, their property or the animals in question.
- Fire risk—due to blocked exits and entrances
- Inaccessible leaks—leading to mold growth and water damage
- Fall hazards—created by hoarded items
- Pest infestations—hoarding sites make an inviting home for pests
- Structural damage—when hoarded items become too heavy
- Poor animal welfare—Overwhelming numbers of animals can lead to disease and starvation and pose health risks to the owner
Who can you turn to for help?
Rather than define hoarding restoration as just removing unwanted ‘stuff’, Clean Earth Restorations approaches the job from a place of compassion and empathy. We turn hoarding sites into safe and inviting homes again, so the affected person has the best chance at recovery. And if you are a property owner renting to someone who hoards, rest easy knowing your property will be restored to original conditions.
Fast, Compassionate, and Discreet Service
Having a loved one who suffers from hoarding tendencies can create difficult emotional rifts. It may lead to feelings of shame on the part of the hoarder or their family members. This is why CER treats every client with the sensitivity, discretion, and the informed expertise they deserve. We want to take as much off of your plate as possible, because we know that navigating a hoarding situation is complicated enough.
And if you’re having difficulty beginning the recovery process—for yourself or a loved one—here are some of our trusted resources on hoarding:
- Our information sheet “Hoarding: How to Help a Loved One: What do I say and how do I help” will get you started.
- International OCD Foundation: Find in-person resources in your location here
- International OCD Foundation: Get Information on diagnosis here
Leveraging years of experience in home restoration and clean-up for hoarders in San Diego, we provide a free and precise estimate of the required services. Restoring a home back to pre-loss conditions requires clean-out, storage, sanitization and repairs to structural damage. We handle every aspect of that complete restoration, including:
- Pack-rat / trash / clutter cleanouts
- Animal feces / urine cleanup and disinfection
- Odor removal
- Search and recovery of valuables
- Packaging and storage of personal belongings
- Hypodermic needle / syringe recovery and disposal
- Restoration services to repair damage to the property
Taking the next step
Tackling this complex condition requires a great deal of bravery and empathy from all sides. Once you have made the decision to help a loved one recover from hoarding, or to recover from it yourself, allow our qualified team to guide you through the restoration process. So you can have a home that is safe, inviting and healthy.
Call us today for a free consultation at 619-284-4239. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- For a full explanation of what we offer, see our Hoarding Clean Up page here.
- To find out more about our company, check out our About Us page of our site.