Hoarding is something we hear more and more about in the news. Is it a growing phenomenon? Or just that extreme cases are in the media more often? In any event, at Clean Earth Restorations (in San Diego) we regularly receive inquiries about hoarding clean up services for property owners or families who are facing the consequences of hoarding.
Depending on the caliber of the problem, you may want to attempt cleaning and repairing a property on your own. There are a few reasons though that we highly recommend using a professional company.
- the likelihood of encountering dangerous germs or virus’ from unsanitary conditions
- the possibility of infestations of rodents or insects
- depending on the scale, the necessity to remove debris from the property in a timely manner (as opposed to waiting for trash pick up)
- the efficiency and time gained by having a trained team with the proper equipment
- the need for specialized equipment for sanitizing and cleaning
- the need for specialized equipment for testing and verifying for mold or other sanitation levels
- depending on the scale, the sheer complication of removing a large amount of debris
- the moral support that comes with having a professional team with you that understands the scope of the problem
As you probably know, severe hoarding creates conditions that are conducive to animal infestations (along with the germs and diseases that are carried on the animals or in their feces and urine). Hoarding can often present physical dangers as well either from the possibility of toppling on top of someone or creating fuel for fire.
It’s important both for hygienic and physical safety reasons to remove debris and sanitize property. Once that has been done, it’s possible to think about repairing any damage that has occurred as a result of the build-up of belongings.
At Clean Earth Restorations we are a family-owned and run company. We treat our clients the way we would like to be treated ourselves, and understand that hoarding is a much deeper challenge than just removing too much stuff. We take this into consideration as we offer debris removal services, cleaning and sanitation services, and full-service general contracting repair and renovation services.
We offer free estimates and would be happy to answer any of your questions. Contact us today (click below) or download our free tip sheet on helping hoarders.