When it comes to our living spaces, a whole world of terms can sometimes be confusing and easily misunderstood—hoarding disorder, clutter, collecting, and squalor. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
In this blog, we’ll clarify the differences between these terms. This way, you will be able to face them more effectively. So, let’s dive in together and learn more about these concepts.
They Are Different In Every Way Possible
When it comes to hoarding disorder (HD), clutter, collecting, and squalor, let’s make it easier to classify them by considering the following characteristics:
Types Of Items
- Hoarding Disorder: No theme connects all items.
- Clutter: Sometimes the items have a specific theme, and sometimes they don’t.
- Collecting: They follow a specific theme. It could be a certain type of item or a vibe.
- Squalor: They don’t intentionally keep items.
Method Of Acquiring Items
- Hoarding Disorder: Excessive and unplanned ways of getting their items.
- Clutter: They often plan how to get an item and are not excessive in doing so.
- Collecting: Searching for an item is a must, and normally there are a limited number of them.
- Squalor: There is an inability to get rid of already purchased items instead of getting new ones.
Appearance Of Home
- Hoarding Disorder: Clutter in many spaces in a way that they cannot be used. May need to contact a hoarding cleaning service.
- Clutter: Located in storage instead of affecting the use of living spaces.
- Collecting: Items are normally organized or on display around the home.
- Squalor: Most of the time, all spaces look unclean or disorganized.
- Hoarding Disorder: It negatively affects life’s emotional, financial, and relationship aspects. Plus, there is a need to reach a hoarder’s cleaning service to overcome the issue.
- Clutter: The items can cause distress to the person, but not in a long-lasting way.
- Collecting: Getting new items is a positive outcome, financially or emotionally.
- Squalor: The home’s state impacts the owner’s well-being and health, but it may not cause distress.
Clean Earth Restorations: Compassion And Understanding Awaits You
Is your home crammed with possessions, leaving you stressed and embarrassed? If that sounds like your situation, you don’t have to continue feeling this way when you partner with Clean Earth Restorations in San Diego, CA.
We’re eager to offer you the tidy and well-organized home you deserve through our expert hoarding cleaning service. Contact us today and allow us to help you reclaim your home and improve your life!