Are you an entrepreneur thinking about putting carpet in your restaurant? Here are some things to keep in mind from Clean Earth Restorations, your restaurant carpet cleaning experts in San Diego.
Carpeting provides both benefits and challenges to a restaurant. On the up side it provides a sound buffer and walking comfort to both patrons and employees. It also provides better traction in the event of liquid spills. Depending on the desired style of your establishment you may find that carpeting adds to the ambiance of your restaurant. On the more challenging side, you will have to keep in mind how important it is to choose the right carpet, and to instigate the proper cleaning and maintenance schedule.
- Foot traffic is a major concern. Tracked-in debris from the outside and the kitchen is a certainty and you must minimize its effects by choosing a color of carpet that is neither too light nor too dark. You must also choose a durable fiber that survives both being walked on and frequent cleanings. For more information about carpet types for commercial use, see The Carpet and Rug Institute’s Matching the Carpet to Your Needs.
- Cleaning and maintenance is important to maintain a hygenic and visually pleasant atmosphere. Dust and odors should be kept in check with daily vacuuming. You may want to consider using a Green Label Certified Vacuum.
- Spills and spots must be taken care of immediately, according to your carpet’s manufacturer instructions.
- Professional deep cleaning is a must to remove dirt, grease, allergens, and stains that vacuuming cannot remove. How often will depend on the volume of your business but usually once a month or every two months is common.
- Choose your carpet cleaning company wisely. Price is not always the best gauge of quality. You will of course want to keep your budget in mind, but you will also want to make sure that your company uses trained and trustworthy employees, has the correct industry licenses and certifications, uses or offers green certified cleaning products, and guarantees its work.
Clean Earth Restorations has been serving the San Diego commercial and residential carpet cleaning market for close to 20 years. We are a family-owned and run business with an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau. We provide free estimates and are happy to answer your questions about carpeting maintenance, cleaning, and replacement. Click below to contact us about a discount for your commercial carpet cleaning: