Is your bathroom a little mustier than normal? Can’t remember where that dark smudge on the kitchen ceiling came from? Unfortunately, these are tell-tale signs of mold growth. But you may be wondering whether you need a professional San Diego home and mold inspection service to get rid of it?
While those little black spots may not be too much of eye-sore. And the smell may be tolerable at the moment, mold growth can be disastrous if left unchecked.
According to the CDC, mold exposure can cause the following symptoms:
- skin and eye irritation
And people with sensitive immune systems or asthma may also experience bronchitis and allergic reactions to mold.
Not to mention what mold will do to your home while you’re not looking.
If mold is allowed to spread, the result can be physical damage to the structure as well as your home’s fixtures or contents.
Building Materials and Structures—Mold feeds on and breaks down organic matter. So, when mold colonizes walls, insulation, paper backing, or carpeting, the materials must be removed.
Personal Property—If mold attaches to the property inside your home, it can be extremely difficult or even impossible to clean, effectively destroying the item.
HVAC Systems—If mold enters your heating and ventilation systems, the spores may spread to other areas of your home. If the problem persists long enough, the whole system may have to be replaced.
Do you need a professional home and mold inspection service?
The EPA states that if the moldy area of your home is less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the job yourself.
However, mold is very tricky.
It can persist even after you remove the visible manifestations.
So, if you:
- have ongoing symptoms of mold-related illnesses
- can still smell mold
- or have located the source but want to be sure it doesn’t progress deeper into your home…
We recommend getting professional home and mold inspection services.
Our home and mold inspection service
Unlike many mold removal companies, Clean Earth Restorations can handle your mold problem from beginning to end.
That means inspection, removal, and reconstruction of the affected area.
During inspection, we:
- Identify moisture sources and evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected) using state of the art thermal imaging, infra-red, and boroscopes for inspection
- locate how far mold persists, then go two feet deeper (to prevent the possibility of regrowth)
- contain the affected area
During Removal, we remove:
- airborne mold spores with negative air and scrubbers
- any infested structural material from the building
During reconstruction, our restoration team:
- starts rebuilding immediately
- dries out affected material to ensure that mold will not return,
- takes the affected area back to pre-loss conditions as quickly as possible.
We handle your insurance
Thinking of calling your insurance company? Call us first. Clean Earth Restorations is a preferred vendor with many major national insurance carriers and will handle everything for you, from your mold damage insurance claim to the completion of the construction and restoration job.
Need more info on San Diego home and mold inspection services?
Clean Earth Restorations has over 30 years of combined experience providing our San Diego home and mold inspection service.
Our team adheres to high ethical standards and is up to date with the latest technology in our industry.
We are fully licensed with CSLB, and certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC).
For a free consultation or emergency services, call 619-284-4239. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Mold Warning Signs and Damage – FindLaw, Mold structural damage, https://www.findlaw.com/injury/torts-and-personal-injuries/mold-warning-signs-and-damage.html
- A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home | US EPA, EPA guidline for self repair, https://www.epa.gov/mold/brief-guide-mold-moisture-and-your-home
- Mold Remediation San Diego CA | Mold Removal San Diego, Mold remediation process, https://cleanearthrestorations.com/mold-removal-san-diego/
- San Diego Mold Restoration—When To Call A Professional, Do you need professional service, https://info.cleanearthrestorations.com/blog/san-diego-mold-restoration-when-to-call-a-professional, Robyn Sukatski