At Clean Earth Restorations, we often see water damage situations that could have been avoided or lessened. We’ve put together this list of 10 Ways to Avoid or Lessen Water Damage for you. Among San Diego flood companies we are unique in the scope of our interventions — water damage-, flood-, fire- and smoke-, mold- remediation, sewage cleanup, biorecovery, carpet cleaning and maintenance, as well as full service general contracting and repairs, are our expertise.
- Check your washing machine hoses for wear and tear.
- Always use bathroom and kitchen ventilation fans, or open windows, when possible (to avoid another form of water damage — mold).
- Clean out your rain gutters.
- Know where the shut off valves are for all your interior water sources.
- Do not let water pool around the walls of your house during a storm.
- Check the flashing around your chimney before the rainy season.
- Do not use your toilet as a trash can for small objects — put only toilet paper.
- Check your kitchen faucet spray hose for a loose connection and re-tighten if loose.
- Never ignore a musty or moldy smell — determine where the source of water or leak is coming from and stop it.
- Check your sump pump before the rainy season to make sure it still works, and of course check that it is PLUGGED IN!
Contact us for a free estimate for any of your water damage repairs or questions: